Teeth Whitening in Meriidan
Meridian Family Dental offers free teeth whitening for life. Sign up now!
Get FREE teeth whitening for life if you sign up today!
The quality of a person’s smile is one of the first things people notice about them, and we know you want to keep your smile at its best. Teeth whitening is an easy way to achieve your “movie-star smile,” so Millennium Family Dental provides a free Teeth Whitening for Life program. After enrolling in this program, our dentists will periodically provide you with high-quality, professional teeth whitening.
If you are considering teeth whitening in Meridian, we understand you may have a few concerns. Hopefully, this article will answer all your questions. If you are interested in teeth whitening, give us a call at Millennium Family Dental. One of our Meridian cosmetic dentists will be happy to discuss your candidacy for our one-hour whitening and Teeth Whitening for Life program.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a treatment that whitens the enamel of your teeth to give you a brighter, more vibrant smile. It is a popular treatment because it’s non-invasive (or barely invasive), has minor side-effects, and dramatically improves the quality of your smile.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Depending on your circumstances, there are two types of teeth whitening available: vital and non-vital whitening.
Vital whitening is for teeth that have living nerves. The substance is applied directly to the surface of the teeth. In-office whitening generally takes between 30 and 90 minutes. The most common form of vital teeth whitening is the application of a gel directs.
During the procedure, your dentist will apply a substance that covers and protects your gums. After, he will apply the whitening agent and leave it on for the duration of the procedure.
If your teeth are severely discolored, your dentist may take impressions of your upper and lower teeth and make a custom mouthpiece for you. You will then take this mouthpiece home to perform your own whitening treatment – under the supervision of your dentist – until you have achieved your desired whiteness.
Non-vital whitening is for “dead teeth” – ones that don’t have a living nerve inside of them. A common case of this is teeth that have had root canal procedures done. In the case of a dead tooth, the discoloration is coming from the inside, so a gel applied on the outside won’t have any effect. Instead, the cosmetic dentist applies a whitening agent to the inside of the tooth, and then puts a temporary filling over it. The whitening agent is left for several days and is then removed to check on the whiteness of the tooth.
Why Should I Whiten My Teeth?
Over time, your teeth gradually lose their natural white color. Some common reasons are:
Teeth whitening, when done by a professional, can dramatically improve your appearance.
- Poor Oral Hygiene. Failure to brush, floss and provide adequate care dramatically affect the health and color of your teeth.
- Tobacco. Tobacco products, including smoking or chewing tobacco, strongly impact your teeth, causing a yellow-brown color.
- Dark-colored liquids like tea, coffee, cola, and red wine. These are heavy drinks with strong coloration. Often, their pigment stains the ripples in your enamel.
Because of the above reasons, discolored teeth are usually associated with poor health or bad hygiene, which is why people find them so unattractive. However, this is not always the case because discolored teeth are also a natural result of old age. Ageing causes enamel to become thinner, and the insides of teeth to darken.
Can I Do My Own Teeth-Whitening At Home?
You can buy whitening toothpastes. These contain fine abrasives that try to remove stains on the enamel. If you are interested in this treatment, we suggest asking your dentist for a good brand of whitening toothpaste – one that will give you real results.
We recommend exercising caution when considering buying home-use teeth whitening kits off the market. Marketers make this seem like a riskless practice, but it poses risks.
- First, not all teeth whitening kits are created equally, and they may not provide your desired results.
- Second, you may not be aware of the risks provided by your personal situation. Cavities must be treated before you ever whiten your teeth. Receding gums, tooth rot, and other conditions will alter the type of treatment you need. If you provide your own treatment, you may be exposing yourself to unnecessary dental harm and painful side-effects.
Come talk to us at Millennium Family Dental instead; we will be happy to provide you with a high-quality product.
How Often Should I Whiten My Teeth?
Because tooth deterioration is a constant process, teeth whitening is not just a one-time procedure. This is why people looking for cosmetic dentistry in Meridian are interested in our free Teeth Whitening for Life program. If you suspect your smile would benefit from teeth whitening, our specialists will schedule periodical whitening sessions to ensure that you always have your perfect smile.
What are the Side Effects?
Fortunately, there are very few side-effects. In fact, for many people, there are none at all. However, some people temporarily experience extra sensitivity in their teeth, which for a short while can make it difficult to eat things that are very hot or cold.
Our Meridian Cosmetic dentist can help you get your beautiful white smile in just a few visits!
If you experience this symptom, here are a few ideas to help reduce your post-treatment sensitivity:
- Use a toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth. Some toothpastes have ingredients specifically designed to reduce the pain associated with tooth sensitivity. Look for products labeled with “for sensitive teeth,” or similar markings.
- Chew gum. Chewing gum produces more saliva, which protects your teeth from extreme temperatures. Also, chewing is a simple way to distract yourself from tooth sensitivity.
- Ask your dentist. Sometimes, the best option is to avoid teeth whitening for a while. If you experience teeth sensitivity, consult with your Meridian cosmetic dentist, who will be able to determine the best pace for your whitening treatments.
Come Join Us!
Meridian cosmetic dentists are the only reliable source of quality teeth whitening. And you will not find service better than at Millennium Dental. Sign-up today, and take advantage of our free Whitening for Life program!