So it’s time to get your wisdom teeth out and you’re feeling a little apprehensive. It’s completely understandable to be nervous and unsure of what to expect. But we at Millennium Family Dental have you covered. We are able to remove your wisdom teeth in our office which is a unique qualification. The advanced technology that we have today can reduce the pain and the invasiveness of the surgery as well. Here are some things you need to know before getting your wisdom teeth removed in Meridian.
Wisdom Teeth Removal in Meridian
- First things first: there just isn’t enough room in your mouth for your wisdom teeth. Our jaws don’t grow to be big enough to have enough space for them to come in.
- Since there isn’t enough room for them, they usually come in at an angle. They also might not fully surface and it causes problems for the rest of the mouth.
- If you don’t have them removed they could damage your other healthy teeth.
- If wisdom teeth come in they can throw off your bite, create an area to catch food, and decays both of the teeth and can even cause a painful infection.
- Dentists recommend removing wisdom teeth before they become a problem which can help you to avoid pain and a more complicated surgery later on.
- If your wisdom teeth don’t come in and you leave them alone, there is a 25% chance that the epithelial lining around the wisdom tooth will become cancerous. But why take the chance?
- You should get your wisdom teeth removed before the root fully forms. If you wait until after the roots have formed the surgery will be much more complicated. Teeth grow from the crown down to the root, so if you get it done before the root develops, then the surgery is easier with less recover time.
- It is definitely recommended that you get your wisdom teeth removed when life is simple, your health is good, stress is low and you have someone to take care of you. For a lot of people this time is during summer break in high school. If you’re not lucky enough to have already had the procedure done in high school, that’s okay, try to stick with the same guidelines.
- Recovery time is typically about one week. Sometimes it will be less depending but that is usually with a more straightforward surgery. Recovery time will depend on the anesthesia you choose, your nutrition, and following instructions from your dentist.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Whatever the questions or concerns you may have we can answer them for you. We are a uniquely qualified office to remove wisdom teeth and can calm any apprehensiveness you are feeling. If you are looking for wisdom teeth removal in Meridian we are here to help. Contact your Meridian family dentist today!