Dental Implants: A Superior Alternative
Dental implants are a great, permanent way to replace missing teeth. Contact us today to learn more!
Millions of Americans everywhere have lost a permanent tooth. If you are one of those millions, you are very familiar with the embarrassment and pain caused by missing tooth. You don’t have to live in pain or embarrassment for any longer, it’s time to try our revolutionary dental implants! Millennium Family Dental is the one of the best cosmetic dentists around for dental implants in Meridian, Idaho.
Our high quality standards allow our team of dental professionals to give you the best dental care in Meridian, Idaho. We have a deep commitment to preventive care, and provide the best health care options for disease treatments. Our educated and highly-skilled team of dentists and hygienists stay on top of all the new treatment options and techniques. We even attend a conference or two every year to make sure we can provide patients with any new dental procedures.
We want to provide patients with a sanitary and safe environment. If you want to feel great about your smile again, we would be happy to help with our revolutionary dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth anchored into your jaw by a small titanium rod. After the rods heal, we will place an artificial onto the rod. The artificial teeth look like a natural part of your smile, and you only need to brush and floss to maintain!
Why Should I Get Dental Implants instead of Dentures or Bridges?
Dental implants in Meridian are a pricey solution, but they can be worthwhile. When deciding on a dental implant procedure, it’s important that you keep these things in mind:
Dental implants, when placed by a qualified Meridian implant dentist, can last you a lifetime.
- Dental implants are the next-best thing to your natural teeth. Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth would. No one will even think to guess that they are implants!
- They’re built to last Your implants may need the occasional adjustment over time, but you won’t have to pay for a new set of dentures or a bridge every ten years. Implants will dramatically lower your dental costs over time!
- Implants protect the natural integrity of your jaw. Over time, jaw bones break down when not supporting a healthy tooth. Implants will give your jaw something to support, keeping your bones from breaking down.
- Dental implants are not at risk for cavities. You’ll never have to spend another dime on tooth fillings!
- You can have a regular diet. When wearing dentures or bridges, many patients are unable to indulge in their favorite foods. With implants, you can eat whatever you want, without the fear of damaging your bridge!
- Expect no-slip comfort with a set of dental implants. Dentures and bridges can slip, move, and fall out when eating, talking, or kissing. You won’t have to reposition your teeth mid-sentence ever again!
- Teeth fill out your face. A face without teeth can often look shrunken, droopy, and sad. Dental implants will keep the shape of your mouth intact, keeping your face and smile looking great for years to come.
When implanted by a quality Meridian implant dentist, your new teeth can last you a lifetime. Although, you may have to visit our offices periodically for slight adjustments.
Do I Qualify for Dental Implants in Meridian?
Before committing to the price (and the recovery) of dental implants, it’s important to visit our dental offices in Meridian for a consultation appointment. During your appointment, we will determine if you are a candidate for dental implant surgery. Our team of dental professionals will determine the following before recommending you surgery or not:
- Patients should have adequate bone support in the jaw (bone density is important, the implants have to attach to something!)
- Patients should have good overall health (patients who drink, smoke, or have diabetes may not be candidates for dental implant surgery)
- Patients should have healthy gums (It is not recommended that those with gum disease try dental implants)
- Patients should have good dental hygiene. (Flossing, brushing, and overall daily care are all important aspects in determining the success of your dental implants!)
What is the Procedure Like?
Dental surgery can seem intimidating, even to the most seasoned veteran. Here is what those interested can expect from our dental implant surgery in Meridian. The implant timeline can be long for some, but after a short consultation, we can give you more of an accurate timeline. The surgery is most commonly performed these stages.
- First, your damaged tooth will be removed if it hasn’t been already.
- Next, our dental team will prepare your gums for surgery. Depending on the heath of your jaw and gums, bone grafting may be recommended.
- After your gums heal, you will visit our offices again for dental implant placement. We will insert the titanium rods that hold the implants in place into your jawline. Once again, patients will heal before the next stage.
- Once healed up, we will take a mold of your teeth and jaw bone. When the molds are ready, you will come in to have your fake tooth placed on your titanium screws.
The entire process can take up to a year to complete, but this depends on the strength of your jaw, and the overall health of your mouth. Some patients can have their new smile in a much shorter time!
At Millenium Family Dental, we are one of the best in Meridian for cosmetic dentistry. We are educated, friendly, and committed to helping you fall in love with your smile again. We believe in forming a trust with our patients that ensures the most comfortable care. Call our office in Meridian, Idaho today for our cosmetic dentistry and dental implant services! After a quick consultation appointment, our team of professional dentists can help determine the best route of dental care for you.