Practice Updates Regarding COVID-19, Updated May 6, 2020
Dear Loyal Patient,
The entire team at Millennium Family Dental team hopes this letter finds you and your family in good health. I wanted to reach out and let you know what our team has been doing in the face of COVID-19.
As you know, we closed our office to routine procedures, but continued to treat dental emergencies in an effort to take strain off of the emergency rooms and devoted medical teams who are on the front lines.
In addition, we gave back to our local community by donating some of our PPE (personal protective equipment) to St Luke’s healthcare workers. Our team members also used the extra time to complete continuing education to better serve our patients.
Our ongoing commitment to safety
We have ALWAYS been committed to keeping you, our patients, and our team members healthy and safe, by utilizing the latest technology, equipment, and infection control standards. Our first goal has been to make sure that we are following infection control guidelines and recommendations from the following science-backed organizations:
- The American Dental Association (ADA)
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Idaho State Dental Association (ISDA)
We’ve been compliant with and diligent about infection control measures for as long as our practice has been open. You will have seen these protocols in place in our protective measures for staff and patients, and our strict attention to proper disinfecting of rooms and equipment and sterilization of all dental tools.
Our newly enhanced protocols
The safety of our team and our patients has been an even stronger point of focus for us over the last several weeks. We now seek to exceed all of the most current standards and recommendations, in order to make our office one of the safest nationwide. We are implementing the following upon reopening:
Patient and staff screenings
We only allow healthy patients and staff in our office. This means we now:
- Require all patients to complete a COVOID-19 health screening prior to their appointment
- Monitor temperatures and symptoms of all patients and team members in the office
- Mandate that hands of patients and team members be sanitized before entering the building
Social distancing is a must if we are to continue to flatten the curve. Here’s how we are contributing to keeping all of our patients safe:
- All patients are encouraged to wait in their car. Bring a mask that you can wear from your car into the office (or one may be provided). Your provider will indicate when they are ready to see you, and instruct you to enter the building at that time.
- We have re-configured our reception area to reflect appropriate social distancing for any patients who need to utilize this portion of our facility
- Our patient flow plan has been designed to maintain social distancing guidelines in the clinical space
Staff safety measures
All of our team members have a vested interest in maintaining safety protocols and preventing the transmission of disease. We have now implemented:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) use that exceeds the already stringent guidelines of standard dental treatment zones
Surface cleaning protocols
We’ve increased our already rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocols to include the following:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of common surfaces at least once per hour
- Complete disinfection of restrooms and treatment rooms between patients
Did you lose dental insurance?
We know that many in our patient family are struggling with finances and loss of insurance due to job insecurity or loss. Should you find yourself in this situation, we offer a Members Savings plan along with extended financing options.
Call our office at (208) 888-2026, if you have any questions or to schedule your appointment. We can’t wait to see your smile again!
The team at Millennium Family Dental